Monday, June 27, 2011

4th of July card




I just love the 4th of July! I love how families seem to all gather together for a BBQ or picnic and just spend time together. I adore this little turtle and I think I might make a few more blank ones to send to Operation Write Home. Being from a military family I think what they are doing is great!

I just used paper that I already had on hand and bought this cute little turtle from Bugaboo Digi Stamps, they have lots of little turtles for different holidays. I colored the little guy with prismacolors 901, 902, 908, 911 & 924 and then blended the colors with goo gone.

I entered this card in two challenges which you can find here:


Peachy Keen Stamps :: Sketch Challenge 54

Catch the bug Challenge Blog :: Red, White and Blue with Ribbon Challenge!

Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

  1. Your project turned out so cute! I love your take on the challenge, Great Job! Very Patriotic! Good Luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one adorable 4th of July card! Great job with the PK challenge! Thanks for playing and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Courtney! Beautiful coloring and I love your paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling. It you add 3 buttons of some sort you can also put it in Bugaboo's Wacky Wednesday Challenge over at CDAC. Check my blog for quick link. I entered the little fellow too. Love yours. PS I admire you for living in Alaska. My husband went on fishing trip there and the scenery was breath taking. However, anything before 80 degrees and I'm cold and miserable. I would love to afford myself an Alaskan Cruise some day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! thanks for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love this. What a great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Bugaboo.

    ReplyDelete